Solenoid Valve Function.
- 2/2 way 2 ports (1 inlet and 1 outlet) - Failsafe Closed requires power to Open
- 2/2 way 2 ports (1 inlet and 1 outlet) Failsafe Open requires power to Close.
- 3/2 way = 3 ports for diverting flow.
- 3/2 Failsafe Closed - inlet closed outlet open to exhaust, power on inlet opens to outlet and exhaust closes.
- 3/2 Failsafe Open - inlet open to outlet & exhaust is closed, power on - inlet closed, outlet opens to exhaust.
- 3/2 Universal - flow in any direction can be used as failsafe closed, open or for diverting flow.
- 5/2 way single coil - Example: Power to coil Cylinder fully extends - power off cylinder fully retracts (or visa versa)
- 5/2 way double coil - Example: Power to coil 1 Cylinder fully extends, power to coil 2 cylinder fully retracts, power off cylinder stays put.
- 5/3 way double coil - Example: Power to coil 1 Cylinder extends, power to coil 2 cylinder retracts, power off cylinder stays put even in mid position. Latching - power pulse to open & stays open, reverse polarity power pulse to close and stays closed.